Sometimes we have a pair of old leather shoes that we like a lot but because of the use they are worn and we would like to revitalize them a little, but in the market, we cannot find the paint that is specific for leather, which does not end up damaging them. Leather shoes are the most durable of all thanks to the resistance of the material with which they are made. But, in any case, time has no mercy for nothing and with the advance of the years they suffer damages.
The leather paint will allow you to customize and personalize your accessories and leather garments with a few strokes: belt, bag, shoes or even a jacket. Today we will discuss the best paint for leather shoes that help you shining your old shoes.
The 6 Best Paint For Leather Shoes Comparison
1. Angelus Olive Acrylic Leather Paint
Do you have leather shoes? Wondering which could be the best leather paint suitable for your smooth leather shoes? Look no further. The angelus olive acrylic leather paint is ideal. Manufactured to give your shoe a brilliant appearance, it comes as a water-based formula that is of low-maintenance and easy to clean-up. You can mix perfectly with several custom colors to obtain a color that suits your taste.
After you finish painting your leather shoe and it dries up, the shoe surface becomes waterproof, impervious to water. The leather spray paint, when properly applied, does not peel, rub, crack or fade off. Additionally, it is branded as scratch-resistant and lasts long, thus very economical paint. You can use a brush, sponge or airbrush (specifically when spraying) for applying onto your leather shoe.
What We Liked
What We Didn’t Like
2. Angelus Pearlescent Rose Gold Acrylic Leather Shoes Paint
The paint designed for leather shoes comes in a 1 oz. Bottle. Get to add a rose gold color to those favorite leather shoes that you put on nearly daily with ease. This leather paint produces a pearl finish that is glowing and lustrous appropriate when you need a vibrant look. The pearl shine is also iridescent and changes in the light. The angelus paint great for custom canvas features a non-cracking, flexible and self-leveling formula that adheres to your shoe surface when prepped and applied well.
Furthermore, it is non-toxic, and therefore that means its harmless if, by accident, you or your baby swallows the chemical substance. Just like other angelus acrylic paints, it barely cracks or peels off. However, it is unsuitable for the shoe sole. So, when applying, be extra careful that it does not touch the sole.
- Quality paint
- Brilliant shiny luster
- Easy to apply
· Might need several coats
3. Angelus Leather Paint 4 Oz Black
- 4 oz. size
- Black color
- Semi-gloss finish
- Made in the USA
- Angelus acrylic leather standard paint
From today, you need not worry about deciding on the best neutral leather paint for your designer shoes. Angelus black acrylic leather paint comes in handy! This leather paint near you comes with economical features that give you a distinct option to customize your shoes into a new and desirable appearance. Non-toxic paint which is not poisonous to your health in case you accidentally take its solution. The manufacturer made this product to meet your durability needs. It is flexible paint that does not crack, fade, or peel off. It comes in a 4 oz. Bottle as a water-based formula rendering it easy to clean up. Colors can be blended with this paint to produce an even more unique color. Moreover, it can be applied with a sponge pad or a fine paintbrush or airbrush- highly recommended for air applications but put in mind to choose a high-quality brush. Before you apply it, make sure you remove the top finish of the shoe by using an appropriate solvent – essential. After painting the shoe, give it enough time for it to dry up entirely so that the paint lasts long
- A neutral color
- Flexible paint
- Long-lasting if applied properly
· May require more than a coat
4. ANGELUS AUTUMN RED ACRYLIC LEATHER PAINT
- 1 oz.
- Waterproof paint
- Autumn red color
Are you bored with the current color on your most comfortable leather shoe? Autumn red angelus acrylic paint is a significant red option to recolor your shoe. That is the perfect leather paint that gives a bright, beautiful pigment. It is water-based, making it easy to clean up and easy to use when applying onto your leather shoe. The non- toxic paint exhibits a waterproof characteristic, especially when you allow it to dry thoroughly within the recommended time. Besides that, it is flexible in a way that it does not crack, rub, peel, or fade off; thus, a durable type of leather paint. Suitable if you are looking for leather shoes paint that is of superior quality at a low cost. Remember to wipe out the finish on your shoe using a quality solvent before customizing it into a new autumn red color.
- Non- toxic
- Available at a fair price
- True to color
- Brilliant appearance
- Best used with sealant
- May require several coats
- A poor packaging design
5. Dye Paint For Leather Shoes With Sponge And Brush, Kaps Super Color, 70 Colors
· 0.85 oz.
· Non-cracking dye
· Comes in a complete kit
· Made in Europe
This is a leather dye and not leather paint. The distinct difference is that the leather dye can penetrate easily through the leather material of your shoe, unlike leather paints, which makes it more durable.
· The Kaps super dye is alcohol-based and dries faster, owing to its volatile alcohol component. The best leather dye available in neighborhood stores is of excellent quality standards fit for your leather shoes. It comes in a complete kit consisting of handy brush and a sponge pad reducing cost for buying brushes as compared to leather paints. You can tell it is more economical. The color dye can be used to cover the small leather defects on your shoes caused by abrasions or scratches, and the manufacturing company claims that it is best suited for this purpose. But you can, as well, use it to recolor permanently the whole or part of your shoes. Before dying, ensure you clean out the finish on the shore that you want to be customized. It does not crack or peel off and repels water, which also gives it the property of durability. Note that dyed leather shoe is ready to be worn after 24hours from the time you dyed it. Always remember it never works on nubuck and suede shoes.
· Permanent leather dye
· Dries faster than leather paints
· Not suitable for nubuck and suede material
6. Angelus Leather Paint Set of 12 1 Oz
· Set of 12 multi-colored angelus paints; each 1 oz.
· Angelus acrylic leather standard paint
· Made in the USA
This economical leather paint comes in a set of 12 colors: White, Black, Brown, Green, Turquoise, Blue, Purple, Lilac, Pink, Yellow, Orange, and Red. All the 12 paints are water-based, which makes them easy to wash. Use any of these paints to modify the color of your leather shoes. Having such a set gives you a variety of colors to blend into more new colors. The best leather set paint is flexible hence hard to crack, fade or peel off. Applying requires a brush, sponge, or airbrush, which are the most recommended tools. You need to remove the current finish on your shoe using a solvent before applying these leather paints. Additionally, it is non-toxic and cannot affect your health if you unknowingly swallow the paint.
· Multiple colors
· Mixable into new colors
· Flexible paint
· High quality
· Requires several coats
Paint your shoes step by step
We will start thinking about all the types of paint that exist: fabric, acrylic, oil, spray, aniline, etc. And depending on the material of the shoes that we have chosen, we will use the type of paint that is most suitable.
When it comes to doing things that require creativity, it is best not to be prejudiced; letting flow what the moment suggests gives great results.
To start we must take into account general specifications:
- Choose shoes
- Clean them very well inside and out
- Define what material our shoes are made of.
- Get a type of paint that adheres perfectly to that material.
- Take photos of our shoes at various angles and print them.
- On these photos work the possible design. Thus we will have a clearer idea of the final result.
- Make sure that the design we want is possible to achieve in the material of our shoe and with the right type of shoe paint for it.
- Locate a spacious, light and ventilated area to work more comfortably.
Remember to cover the inside of the shoe and the parts that we do not want to paint, stain or stain by mistake. An already dry shoe dye is difficult to repair.
What paint to use for my shoes
It clearly depends on the material from which the shoes are made.
- Skin or leather: aniline. Paint for leather shoes.
- Fabric or canvas: oils, acrylic, fabric paint. You can also experiment with nail polish.
- Patent or more plastic materials: spray paint.
- Dye synthetic shoes.
Depending on the store you are looking for, you can find the painting in different presentations and brands . In a variety of colors, with glossy or matte.
You can help you with:
- Scotch tape.
- Patterns made of cardboard or paper.
- Carbon paper to trace printed drawings.
- Brushes and brushes
- Shoe paint
How to paint your shoes
Having prepared the space, materials, shoe paint and shoes we can start. There are no rules, what comes to your mind, do not hold back and just do it! If you will completely change the color of the shoe, start applying a white base, let it dry as long as necessary, do not rush, although it takes several days to finish decorating your shoes, the end result will be worth it.
When it dries, check if the applied paint was enough or if it will need a second coat and wait for it to dry.Finally add the details. Being patient and detailed you will be successful, the rule will be to make sure that what you did is completely dry, before adding new things, otherwise, you will only manage to stain everything.
If you are using brushes, clean them frequently, the shoe paint that dries on the brushes won’t paint smoothly.If you think that this thing about painting shoes is a thing of few, use a search engine to find images of hand-painted shoes.
We’ve tried to discuss each and every step and guides to paint a pair of leather shoes. Besides, we have listed the best paint for leather shoes that always help your painting your shoes whenever you want. And among all the products above the Angelus Leather Paint is the best paint for shoes. It this article helps you a little bit, please share it with your friends and colleagues.